Just a short update on progress for our 2016 admissions.
- Applications are still coming in (until March 1), but it’s looking like we will have between 1,000 and 2,000 more than last year, so admissions will be a bit more competitive than last year.
- Plans are in progress for our open house on March 19.
- As described in the overview of the process, the Admission Information Form (AIF) reading is in full progress and we’re getting ready for the first round of offers. We will accept AIFs until March 18. Any submitted after February 5 might not be reviewed in time to have any impact on the first round of offers, but they will have their full consideration for the big round of offers in May.
- For the first round, some offers for Ontario applicants (Form 101) will come out in late February. Some for other applicants (Form 105) will probably come out in early March. We can’t give specific dates, it depends on how things go.
- With the increasing applications, I’m thinking that we will be fairly conservative with the first round and maybe only give away about 25% of the spaces. It’s easier to be thorough and fair to everyone if we hold back most of the offer decisions until early May. Most of the applications we consider in February will be deferred until May for a final decision, when we can see the whole picture.